So we all know the importance of creating the perfect foundation by prepping with nail care treatments but its just as important to make sure the canvas, which is your nails shape, is right and flattering for you. Here are some of our go to shapes:
- Oval shaped nails work best with long nails and give the illusion of long slender fingers. To achieve this shape, nails are filed down the sides and around the tip, making the fingers look more slender.
- Almond shaped nails is another one that’s great for long nails and will elongate and lengthen. Very similar to oval but nails are filed to a round peak to mimic the shape of an almond.
- Ballerina nails mimic the ballerina pointe shoe and work best with long nails and will elongate short fingers and make them look delicate. This also gives the illusion of long slim nails, so is a great shape is great for shorter and wider fingers.
- Square shaped nails are flat on top with sharp straight corners and look great on both short nails and long narrow nail beds. Avoid if you have wide nail beds as this shape will make your hands look stubby.
- Stiletto shaped nails are very similar to Almond but with a sharp point at the tip. They work best with long nails and will elongate short fingers. This also gives the illusion of long slim nails, so is a great shape is for shorter and wider fingers.
- Squoval shaped nails are the go to nail shape for a reason, they are the most flattering nail shape. This shape merges square and oval nails, not as harsh as the square and the softer rounded edges elongate fingers.
Very interesting. I didn’t know till just now that there was a way to classify nail shapes. I’ll have to look up squoval as I have no idea what it means.