- Prep, prep, prep !! A great foundation is KEY to a lasting manicure. Nothing lasts without a solid base, so it’s important that your nails are hydrated and moist, to prevent breakage and cracking. Massage our cuticle exfoliator ‘Brighten Up – Gentle Cuticle Scrub’ into your cuticles to gently push the cuticle away from your nail bed and take off the dead skin cells safely. To strengthen and hydrate dry and brittle nails, we recommend our ‘Overnight Success – Overnight Revival Mask’ twice a week, to revitalise and recharge your nails to prepare them for your manicure.
- Ensure your nails are completely clean. Remove any excess oil or residue with an acetone free nail polish remover or a little witch hazel. Wash your hands with soap and water to get rid of any excess.
- A Base Coat is a necessity. It sets the perfect foundation for your manicure by acting as a 'glue' that 'sticks' to the nail below and helps the Nail lacquer 'stick' to the Nail plate to prolong the life of your manicure. It also creates a barrier that protects your nails from staining, splitting and peeling. We recommend going one step further by using a Treatment Base Coat. Not only will the Treatment strengthen your nails and encourage nail growth, it will make your manicure last longer. We recommend using our award winning 'Inner strength Strengthening Nail Hardener Treatment’ as a base coat or twice a week as a more intensive growth/strengthening Treatment.
- To gain the perfect coverage, apply three strokes of Nail Lacquer on each nail, one down the centre and one on either side. Any more than this will lead to an uneven application which will be prone to chip. Apply thin coats to build up the colour and enable your nails to dry faster.
- ALWAYS use a Top Coat. A Top Coat is so necessary because it seals your Nail lacquer, prevents chips and gives your manicure a beautiful super glossy shine. We recommend our ‘Plump it up - High Shine Gel Effect Top Coat.’ Reapply every 2- 3 days to keep your mani looking fresh and glossy.
- Take care of your cuticles. Never EVER pick your cuticles, not only can this lead to bacteria getting into your nailbed, it can also affect your overall nail growth. Always keep your cuticles hydrated and nourished using a cuticle oil on and around your nails at LEAST once a day. Not only will this keep your cuticles moisturised and nourished, the extra moisture will help to prevent chipping. We recommend ‘The Elixir Nourishing Cuticle Oil.’
When will you have more stock of pink chiffon?